Claris Engage 2025 - March 25-26 Austin Texas ×

Automated Voucher Tagging and Deduction from Plan Amount

Mark Gimpaya

Please help me i am a beginner

I have a voucher selection in layout A, and what I want to happen is that when I select a voucher (ESC Voucher, Public Voucher, or Private Voucher) in that layout, the name of the selected voucher will automatically appear in layout B. Then, the corresponding voucher amount will be deducted from the amount displayed in layout B.

What steps should I take to achieve this process? Thank you!

Edited by Mark Gimpaya

Your question is not clear. Please explain which tables you have and what are the relationships between them.

It sounds like you have a table of Plans and a table of Vouchers - but it is not clear if the same voucher can be assigned to more than one plan. If the answer is yes, you will need a third table to join the two. If not, then all you need to do is populate the foreign key field in Vouchers with the ID of the plan you want to assign it to. Then (in both cases) it is a simple matter of using an (unstored) calculation field to deduct the amount/s of the related vouchers from the plan's amount. But all of this is mostly guessing.

---
P.S. 

3 hours ago, Mark Gimpaya said:

i need this ASAP

Please don't say such thing, it is very rude. Everyone here volunteers their time and you have no right to rush anyone. 

I'm so sorry for being rude.

Yes, I have a table for Plan and table for Voucher

This is Layout A, where I select a Voucher, and the selected Voucher should be applied to only one Plan, where the Voucher amount will be deducted from the Plan amount. This will happen once I confirm the selected Grade/Program from the dropdown field on the right side.

image.png.829bcfca2b3ab102d19af7eca5e2af32.png

And this is Layout B, where the selected Voucher from Layout A will be deducted from the total amount of the selected Plan.

image.png.55fa8aea0e34b870c16a89edcb06e466.png

Thank you