2 or more pages in a record

This topic is 8462 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

hi,

I have a survey that runs from 3-5 pages. What I have done is created a 5 page website that links to the database. My first page is set to create a -new record. the second &3rd & 4th & 5th page is set up to -edit the -recid value="[FMP-currentREcID]. This seem to work fine, but my only problem is when there are two users input data at the same time it scrambles the data around. Another word if user (A) creates a new record and go to the next web page. While User (A) is on the second page, another user goes in and create a new page, which cause User (A) to edit or update the incorrect record. Does anybody have any ideas on how to avoid this??? Thanks in advance for any assistant

haven't tested or tried this, if anyone sees a problem with it, please inform before he wastes his time. . .

what if on the second page, you set a token to equal [FMP-CurrentRecID]. Have the page automatically refresh (redirect) to the 2nd form page (3rd page overall) and instead of -recid=[FMP-CurrentRecId]. use -recid=[token.1] (or whatever the correct syntax is for passing the token) starting in the third page and every following page.

The reason for the redirect page would be so that the token could be set as quickly as possible. That way, it would greatly lessen the chance that your predictament would happen again.

Like i said, this is all off the top of my head, but i would think it would work.

jeremy

[This message has been edited by yafreax (edited January 25, 2001).]

"what if on the second page, you set a token to equal [FMP-CurrentRecID]. Have the page automatically refresh (redirect) to the 2nd form page (3rd page overall)"

Yes, but how do you refresh? If you use a meta tag instruction, you will not pass a -token or any other data since an action tag of some sort is required to cause tokens (data) to be passed from format file to format file.

Peace

Keith M. Davie

Anatoli, I've captured the -recid as fmp-currentrecid, and the token was also successfully defined as currentrecid. So I have that in two places. If you have successfully passed either using a meta refresh (redirect), I would like to know the code you used (i.e., where and how you placed the line <input type="hidden" name="-recid" value="[FMP-CurrentRecID]"> which achieved the goal of passing that on the redirect to the format file.

Thanks.

This topic is 8462 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.