Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Trouble acessing FMP through a reverse proxy

This topic is 3423 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am currently using filemaker pro 5.5 to publish about 5 db files through custom CDML/HTML pages. I would like to publish these pages outside our firewall and our network admin suggested using a reverse proxy which he set up but unfortunately it does not work. When I try to gain access I only get back a blank page. When I look at the source of the page it seems to contain the following errors:

err200: "OKrrNo Error.",

err400: "Bad RequestrrThe server could not process your request due to a syntax error.",

err403A: "ForbiddenrrYou do not have authorization to access this server.",

err403B: "User Limit ExceededrrThe maximum number of licensed users are connected. Try again later.",

err404: "Not FoundrrThe requested URL "^0" was not found on this server.",

err500: "Internal Server ErrorrrAn internal server error has occurred.",

err501: "Not ImplementedrrThe server does not support the functionality required to fulfill this request.",

err505: "HTTP Version Not SupportedrrThe server does not support the HTTP protocol version that was used in the request message."

Our network guy has suggested MS-IIS server but I have no experience with such things. Any ideas as to why IWP would not work in this situation?

Thanks,

Justin

"reverse proxy which he set up but unfortunately it does not work" <-------- well then ... make him earn his pay

it sounds like you should talk to your admin guy...he is the one that needs to "open" your firewall..I belive port #5003 and of course port #80 for the Web!

all the errors above err500 seem to be related to your server config/page design...did u ever get these messages when using web->FM on you LAN?

I agree that our network support group needs a little motivational boost especially if IIS is no different than IWP. As for functionality on the LAN I have not had any problem at all, in fact I have even accessed all of the pages in the site from work using my home computer as a server. I do not know the port number but I will find out.

P.S. If IIS is no different than FM for basic web serving then why would he recommend using it instead? (Because that is what he is familiar with?)

Justin

Where the IWP come into play? You wrote "through custom CDML/HTML pages"

In any case, if WC in not serving the web, IIS also cannot serve anything. BTW, you can use Web Server Connector installed into IIS and pointing to FM Unlimited Web Companion.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Newbies

This sounds siilar to the issue's I'm experiencing with the apache proxypass directive, in that the web sharing (or in my case FMPU) is doing a redirect to the first page when it loads, trying to use the internal IP address... this smells to me like a nasty bug in the FM sharing stuff, but have no confirmation on that as of yet

for me it tries to redirect the page load to the internal server IP address, which is of course not available to the outside world.

• 11 years later...
  • Newbies

Hello Gerk,

I know, it's an old thread...but did you found a solution ? I encounter the same problem (RP => IIS => redirection) and can't find a way to make it work correctly...

Thanks for your help/reply.

Here's my config (in case of... :-) )

FMS 11 on a single Windows Server 2008 with IIS

Apache Reverse Proxy on RHEL 6.5..

OMG webko, 

The best response I've ever seen for a reply to an old post. 

Thanks for my laugh of the day.

ROTFLMAO :giggle2:

Lee

FYI, the OP hasn’t back since 2009 and the other two haven’t back since this thread was posted.

Edited by Lee Smith
Info on the posters

This topic is 3423 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.