using a graphic to show where rock chip was?

This topic is 7357 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I am trying to be able to show where a rock chip hit a windshield. Is it possable to show in a box or container where the rock struck? mabey draw on a square and show where it hit. I want to be able to show the clients info and what not then show where there last rock chip hit from the prior fix.

thanks for your help.

joe

rockchip example.pdf

Hi Joe,

Take a look at this file I posted yesterday.

DragImage The file DragImageFine.fp5 shows how you can drag a graphic on the left and place it on top of a graphic in the background. It's a pain to set up, but works well enough once its done. Feel free to steal it. You couldn't make a neat circle, but you could construct a box around what you are trying to show. The picture in the background is a container set to 500 x 500 pixels.

Hope this helps,

Dan

Hi Dan,

I meant to write you about your file yesterday. You need to change the images to Xplat, as all the Mac people see is the dreaded Window image icon.

Thanks for sharing your file.

Lee cool.gif

Hi Dan!

Edit > Preferences > Document > Store Compatible Graphics

You will then need to repaste your graphics and delete your old ones. But even that doesn't guarantee that they will always display xplat. I'm finding that one out the hard way!! The only way to know for sure is to view them on both platforms. I've had this option on and a graphic will look fine on Windows (transparent background), only to have it display white background on a Mac. smile.gif

Pet Peeve - having to remember to turn this option on for EVERY file I create. crazy.gif Sometimes I forget and I've paid dearly for it.

LaRetta

Hey Dan! I took the time to download your file and I'm quite impressed. grin.gif

BTW, it's nice if you place all your files in a folder before you zip them if there is more than one file. In this way, people won't have to find all of the files and move them to a specific folder or accidently lose one of the files. They may not find them all and then they can break the links when they open a file, can't find the related files and close out. If they all exist within the same folder already, they won't trash your files and it's a cleaner way to present files to someone.

God! This will move me quickly forward on another solution I need. Great job and thanks for sharing it with us. cool.gif

LaRetta

Dan: great demo!

Something like the attached might work just as well for the poster. It's a bit simpler, but I figured fewer zones would need to be illustrated.

With some reworking of the scripts, you could highlight multiple zones in the case of multiple rock hits.

Update: I reworked the file to allow for selection of multiple windshield zones. I also changed the container for the rock hit graphic to a global (doh! stoopid mistake in the first version).

RockChipHits_multiple.zip

Hi Dan!

Nice work!

to tickle your brain....wait until you see what XML copliant Applications can do!

Eg. FM---XML file-->Photoshop or Illustator.....

hints:

-mapquest.com and "dynamically outlined" routes on the maps

-transparent gifs and logos such as "SOLD" over an existing image

-allocation and outlining of the land/property

-nice lookin 3D graphs vs. solid bars wihtout need to store pre-defined images

now, If I was only good at XML smile.gif we could "dynamically skin" ANYTHING!

Take care!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.