Server Maintenance This Week. ×

graphic display on button press?

This topic is 7371 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

also when i pull the field gGraphics from the field list it only has one repetition?, I have made a button and assigned the script but when i press it the graphic state toggle between 0 and 1 but no graphics,i think its defining the graphics into the container that i am doing wrong?

Sorry, I wasn't very clear on the details. The field cDisplayGraphic is used as the button. It displays either repetition 1 or 2 from the global container field gGraphics depending on the value of field GraphicState. Place the field cDisplayGraphic on your layout and size it as required, and then, with it selected, pick "Button" from the format menu, and assign the script "ToggleGraphic" to it.

ok but still no idea how to get graphics into containers? tried copy and paste and they just sit on top,tried grouping them that doesnt work either,no explanations anywhere on containers,wondering why filemaker dont explain this anywhere in there own docs. also when i take the container with 2 repetitions from field list,just one rep.????

Copy graphic from Layout mode. Paste into container in Browse mode.

For multiple repetitions, format the field to show X of X repetitions. This applies to all repeating field types, not just containers.

Show Object size while working on GUI.....enter the same value as the image size eg. 100x200px; temo fill the field with some color (like soft green) to see where your image is alligned in the field etc.

although you SHOULD save the images as Bob said u CAN use the Graphics format to yout advanatage where "distortion" or "enlargement" is THE way to go.

See attachement!

All the best!

STORE_IMG.zip

This topic is 7371 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.