Converting a fp5 solution to fp7

This topic is 7332 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I've quickly perused the technical brief on migrating existing fp3 and fp5 solutions to fp7:

http://www.filemaker.com/upgrade/techbriefs.html

But I'm wondering if anyone has actually tried it yet with a fairly large solution (10 or more files), and what were the results?

P.S. I'd try it with my current project, but I'm so busy trying to get real work done I haven't had time to download the trial version. Just when I want to play, I have work to do. ::sigh::

This morning while I wasn't able to download the new version I was able to read the tech briefs on migration and found it helpful. After finally getting a URL for the Mac demo download this afternoon I started poking around and just a few hours ago converted a 56 file solution.

That took a while.

Other than a few things I identified as issues I would have from a simple one file conversion I did earlier (and just posted about in the "Problems with FileMaker 7" topic here) the solution basically works but I can tell there is going to be a lot of remodeling to do.

I am sure I may find other problems tomorrow when I continue testing and looking around but so far not so bad.

On of the thing I found very interesting and helpful so far is the Conversion.log file that get created to tell you just what went on during the conversion.

Version: v5.x

Platform: Mac OS X Panther

• 2 weeks later...

I did a test run on my 23 file solution, it took forever to convert. The functionality seems intact. Although the solution 'looks' different. The fuzzy font issue. This has been disscussed here with no real resolution that I see.

This topic is 7332 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.