Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Is relookpu what i want?

This topic is 7114 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi all

My welder's qualification form has two colunms for entering two different welding processes. When a process is chosen from a pop-up list, Two other lookup fields are populated. Sometimes a welder is qualify using only one process and sometimes the operator populates the second process field invertly and then goes back and delete the process but the lookup fields have been populated. I have tried doing a relookup but i must not understanding which field must be relookup because the lookup fields stay populated. How can i unpopulated the lookup fields.

Thanks in advance

Lionel

Thanks transpower

But that is not acceptable because the pop list is base on another database because different companies add abbreviation to the industries standard name for the welding process. If one company changes the pop up list than that section of the program will not work.

Lionel

Lionel:

Include a [none] record in the value list database. So if a field has a welding process and you actually want [none], choose [none] from the value list, which can then be used in the other field.

Another idea (if you could use version 7) is to enclose your current lookup function within an evaluate function with the fields you want to use as triggers for a relookup.

Still another idea: from the Records menu, you can relookup field contents for the found set.

Hi all

that the problem. When the match field is populated then the relookup works. But when the match field is empty,the lookup field that populated does not change, the relookup does not work. I have even included a empty record in the db where the lookup ocurr.

Thanks

Lionel

This topic is 7114 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.