Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Colour coding value lists

fbugeja

This topic is 6990 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

No. But you could use a text calculation that retrieves the value list items and colors them appropriately using TextColor( ), then put the field on a layout, and an invisible button around each option with a script parameter to set a particular field. You wouldn't be able to pop-up the list though--the field would have to be set at its maximum height--and adding additional items could be a pain. You could use an invisibility portal to make it cleaner, but that might not be suitable or reasonable either.

If you use a value list from the fields of another table, and text color them, the pop-up display in the first table loses the color. A shame.

Your comment implies that, if someone creates a value list from the 'current table', the text colors will appear in the popup. I hope this isn't what you are implying because it is inaccurate. A shame indeed.

Native FM popups will not colorize regardless. And ... we are talking about vs. 7 here - so it makes no difference if you use a VL from 'another table' or 'the current table' because Value Lists are contained within the file and apply to all tables.

TP, you need to take more ginkgo biloba or get a lot more rest! wink.gif

LaRetta

No, LaRetta, I wasn't implying that, either. It is a shame--maybe it will be corrected in a later version of FM. As for Ginko Biloba, it makes me hyper, so I use a half dosage of DMAE (125 mg/day) instead. (My complete supplement list will be published in the May issue of Integra, the journal of Intertel.)

No, LaRetta, I wasn't implying that, either. It is a shame--maybe it will be corrected in a later version of FM. As for Ginko Biloba, it makes me hyper, so I use a half dosage of DMAE (125 mg/day) instead. (My complete supplement list will be published in the May issue of Integra, the journal of Intertel.)

This topic is 6990 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.