Highlight Text

This topic is 6674 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

You can have the text field without a background sit ontop of a calc container field. When the criteria for it to change color occurs the field behind it (container) will switch to a image with whatever color you want. Do s search on highlight or higlight portal row etc. and you will seee lots of examples.

Mr_Vodka,

You seem to be always helpful. I'm sorry if I ask a lot of questions. But, I do need your help. I need to create a calculation field that is similar to a campaign fundraising bar that gets filled in as the capaign gets closer to the goal. This one would represent a project's progress.

Is that feasible? And if so is there a website that I can refer to for help.

I understand you want a graphic "picture" of progress in your project.

As I am not experienced at FM8 scripting, I will not give exact formulae. This is more of an overview. For the sake of this I will assume a graph divides in tenths.

Field X is your goal.

Field Y is your current level.

Create field A through J as calc fields (one each for 10% increment)

Field A = If Field Y > (Field X * 10%)then format color using formatting directions noted in other threads.

Field B = If Field Y > (Field X * 20%)then format color using formatting directions noted in other threads.

Continue until final field. Final field will be 100% of goal.

End result is ten fields that highlight as the current amount exceeds each of the 10% milestones. Arrange these fields in a vertical alignment and you will have a ladder as you requested. You may add text identifying each increment.

Unfortunately I do not know the format field commands.

Why would it be a global field?

In the mockup it was a calculation with container result that displayed the image. The global fields were used to store the images.

Maybe you should post your file so that we can help you achieve your results more smoothly.

Thank you. I figured it out. But I am working the file is from the server. So, when the image i place in the gprogressimage global field disappears. I understand global fields are supposed depend from session to session. It works well on my desktop. But when I share the database on my server, the global field doesn't work.

Edited by Guest

have one record that holds your 'images' in standard fields.

create a start up script that takes the user to this record, then sets the globals based on the standard fields, then take them to their normal layout.

this will 'load' the globals everytime a user logs in . . .

Mr. Vodka,

I followed the replicated the fundraiser mock-up and followed LaRetta's instructions for highlight text. Everything seems to be working on my computer, but when I post it to the server, my users are having problems seeing the color.

I'm trying to find out how I can save my work as a zip to show you what I mean.

This topic is 6674 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.