Requests for solutions - Post your link here!

This topic is 2049 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• 2 weeks later...

Just viewed the most recent article on icons. A great idea. The llimitation is the format people use for displaying icons on sites as Matt mentions. Set me thinkning about others sites and whether there is away to extract downloaded icons to png format.

Graphic converter won't convert the pict resource, Photoshop doesn't seem to open them. I thought OSX dispensed with resource forks and most 'graphics' were stored as pngs in application packages.

But it begs the question (and can anyone help) where are the images stored for folder icons.

With batch convert through say Graphic Converter the same approach could be used for downloaded icons form other sites like xicons.

ANy leads ?

PS. Apologies for posting here but I couldn't see where this question would.

Edited by Guest

If you have a Mac OS X and have installed the "Developer Tools" you can use the little app

Developer/Appilcaitons/Utilities/icns Browser and

Developer/Appilcaitons/Utilities/Icon Composer

to do some exploring.

• 1 month later...
  • Newbies

How to relate/join data that could be owned by BOTH an Individual and a Group.

http://fmforums.com/forum/showtopic.php?fid/32/tid/177401/pid/208491/post/208491/#208491

Thanks - Love your videos - Especially the calander series.

Bill Harris

• 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Newbies

I am trying to have points of contact from one table show up in another table by typeing in the last name and the rest filling itself in. There will be up to four points of contact for each record.

• Newbies

Need help! I am using Instant Web Publishing, but pictures/images placed in container fields do not show when I access the database from internet, only when I do it from my computer directly. Is there any options in the database itself I must turn on before using the Instant Web Publishing? Because this does not happen with other databases, for example the Business Productivity Kit from Filemaker company.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Newbies

Here is the Link. Its not from me, but i have a similar Problem.

I guess most developers come to this point sooner or later and the question if there is a efficient technique :o

http://fmforums.com/forum/showpost.php?post/142068/

The Problem is how to set up a hierarchic Bill of materials (BOM)

- Charley

• 3 years later...

This is the place where you need to post your reply including the link to your original post.

Please describe your problem as best as you can. This is what will help us determine which questions to answer!

A work around for Outlook 11:

http://fmforums.com/forum/topic/75463-outlookt-11/page__p__357168__fromsearch__1#entry357168

• 3 weeks later...

What exactly does FileMaker mean when it mentions "Idle"????? It's causing me problems

http://fmforums.com/forum/topic/75994-what-exactly-does-idle-mean/page__p__358318__fromsearch__1#entry358318

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...

Hi LaRetta,

I'm not sure who this feedback is meant for, ISO or us? I agree that it sounds rude, but it could be a language thing?

Eduardo, if this feedback for ISO, than are you a member of ISO Magazine? I'm a member of ISO and the only messages I get is when my subscriptions is being renewed, and when I need to login. Are you Logged in?

If this is meant for the FM Forums, then it needs to be moved to our Feedback topic. BTW, I have never received this message at this either. .

As LaRetta has stated, we are going to need more information in order to find out what is going on.

Lee

• 5 years later...

I wanted to extend Matt’s proposed use of value lists in his Scriptology Mastery Course to use Conditional Value Lists — but I failed 😞

There’s not much missing, any idea on how to do such a thing?

Thanks!

)

• Newbies

Helo guys I am new to FM. But I had create a small database on inventory and I want to create an automated mail on FM to send a notification when the products reaches the re order limits. E.g We assigned a Re Order limits to say 4 units and we want to tell Filemaker to send a notification to us so we can order the products asap.

Cheers

This topic is 2049 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.