Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Add Fields to Existing Portal?

This topic is 6560 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

That's the right idea; but rather than copy and paste, you could use the Duplicate command, or hold the option key while you drag. This makes a copy of the field. Hold the Shift key as well and it will stay lined up with the other fields.

And of course you can drag a field onto your layout (see where it says "Field" in the status area at the left of the screen), but it's more efficient to duplicate existing fields, since they already belong to the TO of the portal.

I also just duplicate existing fields and re-specify them, especially if I've set up the first field (properties) as I wish. But ...

But once the portal is set-up, I can't find a way to get back to that Add Fields box.

You are aware of Insert > Field, right? You can always use that - just select the portal relationship in the top popup. I just wanted to be sure you hadn't missed this natural method as well. :wink:

LaRetta

Good point. I'm aware of Insert Field, but I have to admit I never use it. Insert/Control is even better, but I don't use that either, because it's more efficient to duplicate existing fields that are already sized and styled the way you want them.

Thanks for the responses, all.

I'm aware of the Insert Field thing, but I wasn't sure if it would work to just add a field and position it up there with my other portal items.

Actually, the way the portal fields sit confuses me anyway. In layout mode, they don't look like they're part of the portal at all. That is, I can move the portal to one side of the layout, and the fields to the other, etc.

I'm sure if I gave it some extensive thought, I'd get a grip on it. :

This topic is 6560 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.