Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Webviewer and image download!

tmas73

This topic is 6463 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

there was a Java file that allowed you to do this before. Of course the downfall was that it required you to make sure java was installed on windows boxes. I've had it working perfectly however, and if the project scope is only MAC, then you've got no worries.

Search for +Java +Download and you should find it.

sure Java would work. But a simple AppleScript and VBscript routine will work just the same. Using the built-in OS tools will get you a lot more traction than trying to convince people to install non OS-native frameworks.

Bottom-line for this question: if you want to automate it, then yes you need to use OS-level scripting.

I would agree with Wim, though I don't know any VBscript. On Mac OS X you could download a picture with:

do shell script "curl the_image_url" > a_file_path

Then Insert Picture in FileMaker. The file path could be to the temporary items folder, so the file is removed later (when you restart):(

/private/var/tmp/folders.501/TemporaryItems/

(There is another Unix one higher up I think, but I can't remember it)

Or, you could curl the whole page source and parse out any image URLs, to do multiple images.

I know nothing about VBScripting, although I have picked up a book on it, just haven't had the time to read it.

I will say that most people already have JRE installed on thier machine because more and more websites are moving that way.

However in my case, it was an internal project, and I could control what the users had on their machines and what they didn't.

• 2 weeks later...

This topic is 6463 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.