sum numbers in portal

This topic is 6351 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello,

I am trying to figure out how to total the numbers that show up in a portal. I have a file with land owner names and acreage they own and the location of their property. One landowner can own multiple properties and each property listing is a separate record. I have set up a portal that shows me each record with the acreage listed in each record, i.e. 1, 2.5, 3. Each acreage listed is a separate line in the portal. I would like to have a field in the portal that would list the total amount of acreage for each landowner. Is this possible?

Thanks, MT

You don 't tell us how your DB is structured. You should have a table for property owners and a related table of Property Owned. Assuming this in The property Owned table create a summary field:

Property Owned::sTotalAcres

Click create

Choose Total of :):AcresField

Set the field below the portal and it SHOULD show you the total of the found set.

Edited by Guest

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out which answer to use. Do all of the answers assume I have two tables as mentioned in the first answer to my question? I'm new to setting up relationships and the calculation mentioned in the last post, so I couldn't quite figure out what to do.

I do appreciate the answers but need a little more info. On the other hand, maybe you need more from me!

Thanks!

MT

This topic is 6351 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.