Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Highlighting Text

This topic is 6327 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

The question on how to highlight or change the color of text comes up from time to time. Your question is a little unclear on what and how you are going to determine that the text is highlighted, so I'll be general in my response.

First, do a search of the Forum for [color:blue]+Highlight +Text (include the pluses). This returned 140 hits when I did it.

There are a couple of sites that you might find a demo of what you want to do,

http://www.nightwing.com.au/FileMaker/demos.html

and

http://www.databasepros.com/resources.html

Look for Highlight on these sites too.

If this doesn't help, add more information on what you have now and what you want to happen and when.

HTH

Lee

Edited by Guest
add to the post

I have gone through the links but does not seems like it has what I need, I could be wrong caz of the eggnog.

Well what I meant by saying that what you do in Microsoft Word, is that in Word you can select any text and press a "Highlight" button and highlights the selected text, almost like in real like you take a highlighter and highlight some text, this is what I want.

Thanks

comment is correct, there isn't a highlight feature like Word, that is native to FileMaker.

You can create a script, attach it to a button that will apply the Text attributes you see in Browse Mode (i.e. Bold, Italic, Underline, color, etc.), and you could conbine them to create something that would make your selected text stand out.

As an example, I download the Devcon 2005 presentation by John Mark Osborne from his site Link, in which there is a file called [color:blue]TEXTATTR.FP7 that shows what can be done.

Take a look at it and see if this would do what you want.

Lee

This topic is 6327 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.