This topic is 6251 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Is this an Amway type of level marketing setup?

If it is, then the structure might get a little moer complicated. If not, then I think you can just use a table for your contacts, and an invitation table where you select the organizer and then have a portal to display the third table for invitees.

Can there be more than one invitation from a user? I do not mean if a user can be invite more than 1 person or if more than 1 person can invite others. I mean, can a user invite people again and again and do you want to store each time they invite someone in a seperate invitation record, or it is just a general structure to see who invited who.

Basically, you need two tables: People and Invitations. The Invitations table has fields for FromPersonID and ToPersonID.

Define two relationships from Persons to two separate occurences of the Invitations table:

First relationship:

People::PersonID = Invitations::FromPersonID

Second relationship:

People::PersonID = Invitations 2::ToPersonID

Place two portals on a layout of People - one will show the invitations this person has sent, the other invitation received.

It gets a bit more complex than this, because each occurence of the Invitations table needs another occurence of the People table attached to it (to supply the person details for the portals). So in the end, you will have two occurences of Invitations and three occurences of People on the graph. But this should get you started.

Yes, that's exactly what will happen (or almost exactly). If any or both of the relationships are allowed to create new records (i.e. new invitations), you can select (rather than write) the person/s who invited you in one portal, and when you switch to their records, your name will be included in the other portal.

This topic is 6251 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.