Global variable in a calculation

This topic is 6178 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

I am trying to set a Global variable with a Let statement in a calculation field. The variable is set when I assign it to hardcoded DATA but when I assign it to a field the Global variable stays empty. The calculation-field is supposed not to return anything but I also tried to return with the Gobal Variable ($$_Var) and that does work either. The calculation-field and the referenced field in the 'Let Statement' are in the same table.

Need Help

Henk

Calculation field:

Let (

$$_Var = _Field (does not work)

;

""

)

or

Let (

$$_Var = "blabla" (works)

;

""

)

If the calc is stored then the value of variable should change when the value in _Field is committed. If the calc field is unstored, then it should display the change.

Are you refreshing the dataviewer?

Thanks for replying,

The calculation field is a Matt Petrowsky technique. I am using it to calculate wich tab I am on. It is an unstored calculation (8 repetitions) wich calculates the (Get repetition) the repetition-nr. Each field-repetition is on a seperate tab.

Within the same calculation (Let function) I also want to load a Global Variable with the contents of a field so when you enter a Tab the Global variable is allready set for further ussage. The fields are in the frontend table (Interface with only one record) of a database-sys.

When I click on the layout (commit) the Global Var stays empty also when I refresh the data viewer. With hardcoded data it works OK I do not even have to refresh the dataviewer.

Henk

Thank YOU Veteran,

Problem solved,

Nothing wrong with your guessing. Sorry for the vague description but I am not writing in my native language.

The problem took me one day and a half before I turned to the forum. Then it was solved in half an hour.

Thank you for that

Henk

This topic is 6178 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.