Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Seperating a field into different records

This topic is 6107 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Right now, I have a field that sometimes has multiple names entered, each separated by a newline. My goal is that each of these fields has just one name entered, and I'm working on a script that would make a whole new record for each of these extra names. I'm trying to use the Position function find where one name ends and a new one starts, but I don't know what to use for "searchString".

Any ideas? And if there is an easier way of doing this that would be great too. Thanks!

As Ender stated, you can use those function as well as GetValue (). You would write a loop that would create new records for each parsing and a external loop that would loop through all the records of the set.

BTW. I moved your topic over to Scripts.

As Ender stated, you can use those function as well as GetValue (). You would write a loop that would create new records for each parsing and a external loop that would loop through all the records of the set.

I wonder if you might take a look at my post over in Importing and Exporting called "Parsing an imported flat file" and see if you can expand on your recommendations to this person's post. I see the connection but am having problems executing the parsing.

Thanks.

This topic is 6107 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.