Calculate Elapsed M-F 8 to 5 hours

This topic is 6139 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

database has a date and time that a request has been placed.

i wish to calculate an event's work week hours from that date and time.

structure wise, i have some lookup's and some relational information, but that isn't related much to the calculation need.

A=Day and time start

B=Day and time event

C=Minus Friday 5:00PM to Monday 8:00AM Elapsed Time

B-A=C

Edited by Guest

Okay, you want to be vague? Just do a Sum() of the related event records. Or, if you like summary fields, Find your records in the event table, then use a sub-summary report with a Summary (Total) of the elapsed time.

If you want specifics, I'd need a lot more details (my crystal ball is on the fritz). Give details about what the structure is (tables and fields, and how the tables are related), what the data looks like, and where you wanted to see the results. Maybe post a screenshot of the relationship graph, or better yet, a clone of the file you're working on.

Ender may be coming across as a little snarky, but he's right. We've all had the experience of replying to a question with scant details to find that the particulars of the details make the answer irrelevant. Provide as much details as you can and you'll get a much better response.

• Newbies

Am i not in calculation forum?

is a calculation not a type of field?

i do not want any help with a database.

i want a formula for a calculation.

any variable symbol will work i am not brain dead.

i am of the mindframe that someone has created a custom function. isn't that specific enough?

annoying.

simmer down young man :B

There are probably hundreds of posts about working with Elapsed time that has been posted here, Also, JMO of Database Pros has some examples on his site, that show this too. Do a search for the Keywords of Elpase Time, and you should find what you are looking for.

You don't say how the results are to be displayed, i.e. days, hours, months, or a combination of them. I posted a CF in the Sample files and that was a conversion of a Tech Article at FileMaker Inc.

HTH

Lee

Edited by Guest
Batterie going low

You ARE in the Calculations section. However, your profile does NOT indicate the Advanced version, so members are not quick to offer a solution requiring a custom function.

I don't recall seeing a CF for this. I have played with this myself, but it's not yet something I would want to publish. However, if your points in time are always on a work day, you can simply calculate the number of elapsed work days, multiply by 9, and subtract the two time differences.

i shoulda had lotus corp install an obsfucation filter in my pre-odbc schema

I think you've already got an obfuscation filter going on in this thread. :B

Anyway, it's a good thing we've got our friend comment around to get to the bottom of things. He's our resident 'Amazing Kreskin' you know. :clap:

This topic is 6139 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.