if related field gets marked..

This topic is 6135 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

i'd like to have a calc field in table::A show all the values from a related field in table::B it is a one to many relationship

when i write a "case" or "if" calc i only get the values from the first related record. what is the trick to getting it to evaluate all the related records?

(i asked this before but deleted when i thought i figured it out on my own.)

The List() function was introduced in version 8.5. If you have version 8A, as your profile indicates, you can (1) define a value list of related items only, and use ValueListItems() to list them (unique only, sorted), or (2) use a custom function.

Using the List function to show data from table:b in table:a things work just fine. (very greatful for the help with this) but if i enter find more on table:a and try to find any value in the calculated field i instantly get a "no records match this find request".

Now I'm just getting frustrated. I was building an example to share but its working like i want it too. But my original is setup just the same but its not working.

Edited by Guest

Maybe I've found a bug or a limitation of our server. On a hunch I grabbed my db from the server and opened it locally, without making a single change to the actual file, everything has started working as expected.

My example works from the server so its still kind of inconclusive at this point but looks like I need to see if there are any patches to my server. There is also a big difference in records/file size. 7000+ records at 30MB vs 3records at 68KB

Sample file included for the fun of it.

List_function.fp7.zip

This topic is 6135 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.