Server Maintenance This Week. ×

$$Variables

This topic is 5895 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Stuart, you can pass data via script parameters to another file. When I need to pass multiple parameters, I usually send a let statment as a STRING. Then I use Evaluate in the other file and voila all the variables from file 1 can now be used in file 2. Most of the time I just use local variables.

Here is an example. Its not a realistic situation and its not that pretty but it does its job.

parameters.zip

Edited by Guest
Added sample

That is a nice technique, but I think it will cause you trouble if the variables you're passing include a double-quote in their data.

Changing the passing calculation to:

"Let ( [ $var1 = " & Quote($var1) & "; $var2 = " & Quote($var2) & "]; "" )"

instead would fix that issue, as this problem is the reason the Quote() function exists.

Hey Shadow,

Thanks for the refinement.

I forgot about the Quote() function.

Soren,

This was NOT an exercise in originality but a request for anyone who KNEW of ANY techniques for which i thank the contributers as my issue is now resolved.

Originality is not the same as functionality, this was a request not an example file post.

The post you linked to was an element included in the solution and would not have passed a variable to a second file as Mr Vodka demonstrated.

The discussion which includes Comments technique is simply a refinement and will im sure stop me running into further issues in the future.

Thanks Mr Vodka, thanks The Shadow.

best

Stuart

Edited by Guest

Sorry, didn't take the time look into this (I will certainly do), but here is the technique we use internally.

I think the CFs in the example are not up to date, but can be found on Brian Dunning's web site.

VariablesLog :

http://www.bh-a.com/downloads_1.1.html#DL03

HTH

Edited by Guest

This topic is 5895 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.