Printing resolution

This topic is 5716 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I just started working with the SuperContainer demo. I have it working well and am very happy with the performance improvement. But I now want to print my images out to a contact sheet format (4 x 4 grid per page). When I size the SC web viewer on the 'print only' layout to a smaller size (approx 130 x 130 px.), the new thumbnail is created with reduced pixel dimensions. The print quality obviously suffers when using the thumbnails. A typical file is a JPG - 1440 x 600 px - 72 dpi. How can I get a better printed image at a small print display?

There is a section in the documentation about specifying the resolution. If I remember correctly, that feature requires the plugin.

Thanks for the reply, Tom. I did see the section in the docs for setting a resolution and tried that too. However, what I think is happening is that the image being displayed on my print layout is being resampled to a lower pixel size according to the size of the web viewer on the layout. Which is the normal behavior of SuperContainer for creating thumbnails. Unfortunately, this results in a lower res print out no matter what I set the resolution to. There's got to be something that I'm missing.

It turns out this doesn't require the plugin, as you discovered: it's in the docs as "Specifying a custom resolution"

The example URL looks like this:

http://yourServer.com:8020/SuperContainer/Files/xyz?width=64&height=64&resolution=300

Perhaps something in your web viewer, field calcs, or scripts is interfering.

• 2 weeks later...

Chris - I have not had a chance to experiment with this yet, but try adding a ?style=noapplet to the Web Viewer URL. This will use the original HTML view from SuperContainer 1, instead of the applet view in SuperContainer 2. I know that the resolution parameter worked with the HTML view in SuperContainer 1. Please let me know if that works for you.

• 1 month later...

Hi Jesse,

Thanks and sorry for the delay in response. I'm wondering if my problem is with the file format that I'm using. I'm using a JPG image. The pixel dims are 1140 x 360 (it's a 20" x 5" sign. 2-color. text only). But being a JPG, the resolution is 72 dpi. What are your thoughts? You can email me off-line if you'd like. Perhaps I could even send you a sample file.

Thanks,

Chris ([email protected])

"style=noapplet" should fix the printing problem. A future version of SuperContainer will likely automatically disable the applet if a resolution is specified, but for now you need to do it manually.

Can you send a sample of what your URL looks like? It should have a noapplet style, a resolution, and a width and/or height specified. e.g.

http://server:8080/SuperContainer/Files/123?style=noapplet&resolution=320&width=100&height=100

This topic is 5716 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.