Calcualtion field to show if image is available? ( SuperContainer )

This topic is 5631 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Does anyone know of a clever way to use a calculation field to show if an image already exist within SuperContainer? I am developing a IWP application but do not want to use a thumbnail in a list view for performance reasons. Is there a way to use a calculation field instead to tell the user if there is an image for the record?

Thanks for the help

SC makes thumbnails pretty low bandwidth, but if you're set on not having them...You can a simple thing, like have a flag field that is set by the script that calls SC. But I always keep a separate table of "Photos" that actually holds the references for SC and a link to the table that I'm adding images to.

For some reason even with the image dimension set height=30&width=30 and the noapplet style the thumbnails are still slowing the application down. I might have to end up using them if I use this alternate solution.

"[color:blue]like have a flag field that is set by the script that calls SC" How would you recommend going about this? I am not quite sure what to actually script. Do I need to use and install the SC plugin?

Thanks again

Edited by Guest

you might try the plugin and use the SCGetInfo ( folderPath { ; additionalFields } )

function to check the file size to give you a indication if the image exists.

You could setup a server side script that once a day finds all records that the flag field is empty and then loop thru the records and set the field to the file size or just a flag if the file size is > 0

http://360works.com/plugins/SuperContainer/plugin-documentation.html#SCGetInfo

• 3 weeks later...

Regarding the thumbnails slowing the app down: can you verify that the thumbnails are being generated at the right size? In IWP, right-click on a thumbnail image and choose "open image in new window". Does the new window show the thumbnail size, or original size? Are the images .jpg or .tif?

This topic is 5631 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.