GetFieldName() in conditional formatting - bug?

comment

This topic is 5548 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am trying to highlight the active field using the new GetFieldName() function:

Get (ActiveFieldTableName) & "::" & Get (ActiveFieldName) = GetFieldName ( Self )

I have the same formula attached to a tooltip. When the field is active, the tooltip returns true - but conditional formatting is not applied. Is this a bug or am I overlooking something?

GetFieldNameBug.fp7.zip

OK, I think I see what the issue is: it doesn't think it needs to evaluate when active field changes. If I add a bogus condition to the conditional formatting, it wakes up - but it still changes the formatting only on screen refresh, so it's one step behind reality.

Thanks, Stephen - that's actually what I did:

http://fmforums.com/forum/showpost.php?post/314863/

I just thought that with this new function it would be possible to do something more interesting.

EDIT:

The file above is not a good example, because conditional formatting is never applied to the active field; you need to duplicate the fields on the layout to see the effect (or lack thereof).

Edited by Guest

As far as I am concerned, this entire thread can be deleted - I fear it serves only to confuse.

i think it shows humility and proves that even experts sometimes can't see the forest thru the trees. :

This topic is 5548 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.