Sign in to follow this  
Simon K

Current active record number

I have a "list" view - as I cursor/arrow up and down the list a different record is made active - is there a way of getting the "active" record number

- ie what i would like to do is a bit of conditional formatting on the list view that makes it slightly more obvious to the user which record they are on using a formula such as

if get (recordnumber of active/selected record) - ie the one with the cursor) equals get(recordnumber)

thanks

simon

ps any solution i use has to be 9 compatible but i am open to ideas...

Edited by Guest

if get (recordnumber of active/selected record) - ie the one with the cursor) equals get(recordnumber)

1st Field) get(recordnumber) to populate a calculated field (stable)

2nd Field) a global field with auto-enter Get (RecordID) and "do not replace the value in the field (if any)" unchecked, so that it will dynamically change on selection.

When you select a record, the global field will match the calculated field and then you can do something with the result - set text or background color, set a radio button on the row to TRUE to indicate selection, use it in conditional formatting, whatever. Conditional formatting is not IWP compatible, nor are transparent buttons (see next paragraph), so a SELECT button on a layout row is my preferred method.

However, I am unsure that scrolling to a record itself is sufficient to trigger the change. I have always placed a transparent button on the layout row, so that when a user clicks on it, the change occurs.

Take a look at the example files at Databasepros

Go to this Link

and do a search for Highlight Records.

Lee