It works fine!

jepar

This topic is 7087 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

quote:

Originally posted by jepar:

I run FMPro unlimited AND FMPro Server on the same box and it just rocks.

THERE ARE NO RULES except: do you get the performace you need?

There is one issue, to get the best performance, each one needs to be the foremost application. Obviously this cannot happen.

However, if you like the performance you are getting, then all the best to you!

------------------

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Kurt Knippel

Consultant

Database Resources

mailto:FmPro@home.com

http://www.database-resources.com

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

• 1 year later...

If you like two 500MHz servers with a TCP/IP stack in between, then it's great. But just think that for the same price, you can run a dual 867MHz! I did a benchmark and with the specs above: it is 75% faster on the dual-processor machine.

The info about "frontmost application" is just b/s. Just nice (service) the two applications. Did you know tha "manframe" servers do run everything on the same "box"?

quote:

Originally posted by captkurt:

There is one issue, to get the best performance, each one needs to be the foremost application. Obviously this cannot happen.

Not on Mac OS smile.gif" border="0 Server is faceless service on PC. On the other hand why server and Unlimited? Only if server is serving network of Clients and also Unlimited for HTTP access. PCs are datacrunching machines and if data are OK and not being corrupted, power of current machines and OS will yield great throughput for FileMaker.

Anatoli loyal Apple and PC user smile.gif" border="0

Why both? Simple because I have many power users with fat clients and data entry or remote folks with browsers! You see, server has more options to manage connexions that regular FM PRO.

Have you tried it on OS X? Can you nice the two?

JF loyal MAC, PC & LINUX user!

This topic is 7087 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By MaxPain
      Im just wondering if it is possible to keep text formatation on when listing out a field from filemaker on to the web.
      If I wanted to have sections with section headings that are in bold and the rest of the text not bolded, and also different size on the headings, can that be done, if so, what is the command for doing it?`
      listing out with ,break, html, raw etc didnt work.
    • By videoupdat
      My boss wants to use Filemaker Pro to link faxed-in paper forms which are scanned in and converted to PDFs with additional information. The PDF needs to be linked via a reference # to additional information fields and e-mailed to an order processor.
      A customer should be able to login and view the forms with the additional information.
      Any ideas?
      sphinx-kittens.mov
    • By Arin
      Has anyone been able to get the Web Server Connector (On Apache & OSXS) to utilize the we security Database?
      My Passwds all work great if I connect directly to the Mac (OS 8.6) running FMP Unlimited, but when I try to use them through the Web Server Connector I keep getting errors about not being able to access format file xxxxx.html (from past experience I know this error usually means the pass authentication failed).
    • By victorkhugo
      I'm trying to modify a web page. Everytime I look at it live, I'm seeing the old page. I've done the Misc. Script command to Flush Cache, but nothing happens.
      Is there something more radical I can do to flush the cache?
    • By kdd
      Greetings,
      I'm new to the group and have a quick question...
      I'm setting up an online database for teachers to enter homework assignments for their students.
      Is it possible to set up an input field that shows simple paragraph formatting (line breaks and paragraph returns)? I am only able to get a solid body of text. And could this be done while copying and pasting from a word document?
      Any suggestions?
      thanx,
      /kim
  • Who Viewed the Topic

4 members have viewed this topic:
    bcooney  Travis Wilton  Ismail AlAbdulmohsen  gerg nnud 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.