Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Where is "Filemaker" in Print dialog?

This topic is 5120 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have no clue what you are talking about. What do you mean "FileMaker" choice?

Do you mean perhaps when you are in FileMaker and you go to the File Menu, there is no Print Option?

If so perhaps there is a custom menu in place.

I think what you mean is that in the Mac OS X print dialog, there is a series of submenus, and one of them is specific to the application (in this case it would say "FileMaker Pro"). There likely is something wrong on your machine specifically that is causing you not to see it, because all seems normal from here.

Yes, you are right. Within Filemaker 11, click "File" click "Print" and the OS X print dialog comes up, and in 9 in the middle of that print dialog window is a drop down menu, one of the choices within that is "Filemaker Pro" but this choice is lacking in the drop down menu in 11, although all of the other choices are there. Could it be because I have a trial version?

I have the trial version on 10.5.8 and the "Filemaker Pro" choice does appear in on mine.

Are you really running on Tiger as your profile suggests? I was under the impression that FMP 11 wouldn't run on Tiger

Typically when you don't see the "FileMaker" choice, you have a problem with your printer settings.

You may need to reset your printer in your OS System Prefs.

Or you can try again after you create a new OS user account. See if it is visible from that user account?

• Newbies

Try selecting "Standard" in print presets, when the print dialog box appears. Then preview your document and not print. Now print again and see if the "FileMaker Pro" displays. If it does, you'll need to select your presets and delete them -- and redo your presets. You must have "upgraded" your OS. enjoy! Paul Fenley

• Newbies

I just upgraded to FM 11 and now the print setup dialog has disappeared, (i.e. clicking on print setup does nothing)...if you create a script to show the print setup an error message appears that "print setup has been cancelled"?? I need this to direct my layouts to different printers and formats. It works fine in ver 10 on the same machine.

using a PC w/ Window 7.

• 1 month later...

This topic is 5120 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.