Superduper Pattern Count

Spiro

This topic is 5000 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Okay, I may be silly by placing this question in this forum but I am certainly having difficulty figuring this out. Is there a script to compare one text with another and give a degree of match. So a complete match would return 100% but if only two of three words in the one field are seen in the other field, 66% will be returned?

What I am trying to do is evaluate a field that a user enters free text with a keywords list and then enable the user to use an "Auto Generate Keywords) based on their text to create an index table of matching fields.

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks

You could explode each word in the text field in to a return separated list and then match that against a known list of keywords to determine how many keywords are in the target field?

or if you want some real magic take a look at 360works Scribe.. http://www.360works.com/filemaker-pdf-plugin/

It rather depends on how you define "match" and how you define "word". For example, going by words (as seen by Filemaker word functions) alone, these two would be considered a 100% match:

"The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog."

"Over the brown dog the lazy fox jumps quick."

and these two as 0% match:

"T-shirt"

"tee-shirts"

I may be silly by placing this question in this forum

:qwery:

Edited by Guest

This topic is 5000 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.