Removing grey border on windows

This topic is 4461 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

checking out supercontainers great possiblilities, I came to a problem, which seems to be small but is crucial for the solution sc should be used for.

I want to display an image on white background. I removed the border from the webviewer. On the mac the image is shown on white background but on the PC there is a thin grey border (like a dropshadow, thicker in top and left) around the webviewer. Please see attached screenshot.

I think this is more a problem of the webviewer layout object on windows, but makes supercontainer look awfull on the pc.

Does anybody know of a solution to hide this border? I tried all the style parameters of supercontainer, but there does not seem to be a style for removing this border.

Regards,

Markus

post-104235-0-43481100-1312115955_thumb.

I would try playing with setting image size to match webviewer size. Another Idea is adding thin white boxes with opaque white fill in, and make sure they are "on top" of the gray shadow that you want to hide.

The problem seems to be the doctype of the generated HTML document:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">

If I save the source to disc, remove the doctype and view the html file in a filemaker webviewer, the border is gone and the image is shown on plain white background.

Unfortunatly we can't influence the html code generated by supercontainer server, so it will up to the guys at 360Works to implement this.

Regards,

markus

The code to remove the border in IE on windows is not part of the HTML spec, and so adding the strict doc type in there prevents the code (which is in place already) from removing the border on IE. Unfotunately removing the strict doc type causes some other problems, which is why it's still there. This is something we're aware of and are working on.

I found a solution to the borders in IE. You can encapsulate the SuperContainer link into a <iframe> without border.

You can create a custom function that will have has parameter the link to your file and then set the webviewer with your custom function.

Example :

"data:text/html,<html>

<head>

</head>

<body>

<table><tr><td>"

&

"

<iframe src=\"http://yourServer:8080/SuperContainer/Files/someFolders/system/logo?style=noapplet\" width=\"100%\" height=\"100%\" frameborder=\"0\">

<p>Your browser does not support iframes.</p>

</iframe>

"

&

"</td></tr></table>

</body>

</html>"

HTH

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Newbies

Thanks El Pablo (and Markus)! I was looking for a solution to this very problem for a printed report, and this function works great.

However, as I tried to implement it in all of my web viewers, I began to experience connection errors to the SuperContainer server. We have a username/password for SC that's included in the web URL, but for some reason the function strips this information and forces the user to enter these crednetials manually every time a new layout loads. Since my users aren't told this information, it meant I had to remove the function. Perhaps this was the problem Smef was referring to?

Strangely enough, it still works for my printed report because there are two web viewers in the layout, and only one uses the function. Since the other viewer contacts the SC server directly, it seems to "cover" the credentials the function-using viewer is stripping out. Has anyone else experienced these issues? I'd love to use this function on all of my layouts, but without figuring out why this information is being stripped out, I'm out of luck...

This topic is 4461 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.