Server Maintenance This Week. ×

No Uploads in FileMaker Go

This topic is 3842 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I see that there is no support for uploads via supercontainer in filemaker go. Missing this feature sadly, I would like to know why it is not possible? Is it a bug in Supercontainer? Is it a bug in safari browser? Will it be supported in one of the next versions?

Thanks for any in depth knowledge about that.

regards,

markus

• 10 months later...

Could anybody please try if SuperContainer now supports Uploads in FileMaker Go on iPad or iPhone running iOS 6.

iOS 6 is supposed to allow fileuploads e.g. from the devices photo ablum. Unfortunatly I have no opportunity to try this myself at the moment but would be very interested.

Thank and regards,

markus

Well, with iOS6 it is now technically possible to perform uploads with SuperContainer. I believe it is only a matter of time before the gents at 360Works implement this feature and it's released publicly.

Regards,

I just happened to notice this thread.

A binary file, such as a PNG, if placed into a container field in a hosted file, can be downloaded--or more accurately exported--if connecting to the hosted file with FileMaker GO.

FileMaker GO does not support plug-ins.

Steven

• 1 month later...

I would be surprised if Jesse is still developing SuperContainer as FM12's new container field functions take on much of SC's functions (though not all).

Honestly, I would be surprised if Jesse was not still contributing to the development/upkeep of SuperContainer. SuperContainer still offers some delicious features ( the first that comes to mind is the ability to easily upload data via the web, deploy in multiple locations, and a PHP API to use outside of FM ) that FileMaker container fields do not. Personally, and I'm sure for other users who need some or all of these additional features, believe that SuperContainer is still a viable container storage utility.

Signed,

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

an interesting behavior or two that I am noticing with SC and an implementation on FM GO.  

1) When uploading a photo from an iOS device, the SC will display the photo in the OPPOSITE presentation (landscape vs portrait) than was taken on the camera.

2) When uploading from an iOS device, the SCGetInfo function does not work as it does on photos uploaded from the desktop.

Thoughts?

Jesse

This topic is 3842 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.