Server Maintenance This Week. ×

External Email not working with SMTP or Client

nleon307

This topic is 4394 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello

So I'm trying to send an email with an attachment for each record, one record at a time. These are emails to our vendors and would be 20-100 emails total every 2 weeks.

SMTP, FMP 11 Advanced, Windows 7

I'm having a problem populating the To field with an external email address. I've used script debugger and the data is pulling the vendor's email address correctly, but the email will not send. I get the "Email(s) could not be sent successfully" message. If the To field is an internal email address, the email goes through. So when I was testing with an internal email address as test data, all was fine.

Using Email Client with Outlook 2010, if I set it to send email with attachment, the email won't send or give me an error message.

The only thing I can get to work is through Email Client, perform with dialog, the To will not populate, even though I have it set to populate with a field, I need to paste the emal address in, manually attach the file, then send. The attachment file creates with no problem, the subject and message body will populate in the email, but the rest is manual and must be done one by one.

Any insights as to why this isn't working? Is this just a settings issue?

Thank you very much for any help.

Nina

post-106117-0-60269300-1334888807_thumb.

Two different problems: the first is likely with the SMTP settings in your Send Mail script step. Check with the guys that run the smtp server what the correct settings would be for allowing external email go through.

The second is in the using the email client option. That would be unrelated to the first problem. Difficult to troubleshoot without seeing the script. See if you can get the correct smtp settings to solve the first problem. If that takes too long, post back with the script and Send Mail options that you use for using the email client.

Any insights as to why this isn't working? Is this just a settings issue?

Another thing to note is what format the attachment is. Some enterprise setups are restrictive when they know its not a human passing a file to the outside. Inside the network will work fine in most of these situations. Something else to pass along to your Exchange Administrator when asking for assistance.

This topic is 4394 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.