Sign in to follow this  
Mafia2020

Pie-Chart based on Find and Value List problem

Hello, I am in a bit of a pickle and I was wondering if someone can help me out. I am working on a database and I need to do some charting based on the values input from a value list (and I absolutely have no clue on how to tell FMP to go ascertain how much of each the user input) and I need the chart to change based on filtering (which is done with a button to exclude certain values based on a certain criteria, e.g. excluding items which I acquired for free or items that went unsold) and I was wondering if that would be possible and how? Any pointers?

Thanks in advance.

Test.zip

I am not sure what your exact question is but if I am guessing perhaps you are looking for something like this?

Test_pie.zip

Thank you very much, I think you got exactly what I wanted to achieve and with your help I was able to implement the script and functions into my database. I would like to ask another question though, in the chartI have plenty of categories and I am more interested in the more relevant ones (big percentages) rather than the very small ones (small percentages) otherwise the whole chart ends cluttered with too much non-relevant data. Is there anyway to tell FMP instead of presenting tens of slices to "group" the percentages smaller than X into a single "Misc" entry? I mean, instead of having: A: 70% B: 25% C:1% D: 0.1% E 0.9% F:3% to get: A: 70% B:25% Misc:5%

Hello,

I finally managed to create a decent pie-chart with the help of a forumer and it looks like the picture attached. I was wondering if it would be possible to group all percentages under a fixed amount (let's say under 5%) into a single slice "Misc". In another thread I have read that it involves the creation of several other fields and calculations but I wonder how to accomplish that. So far the graph takes data from a single summary field (s_Profit) and labels from another field with an attached value list (DE_Item Type). How to tell the program to group everything under 5% in a single misc slice?

Thanks in advance.

post-102418-0-97847500-1344783519_thumb.

I have merged your two topic about Charting. Please do not start a new topic when asking follow up questions.

Lee

Sorry, I just thought my new question belonged to the calculations forum so I placed that here, didn't mean to infringe any forum rules though.