Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Print specified records twice amongst the full list?

This topic is 4259 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi there,

I've got a school database with a list of students. Some students attend once a week and others attend twice a week. I need to print small printouts for each student - if they come once, ONE printout, if they come twice, TWO printouts.

I could do this by printing out all the students and then printing again only the students who come twice, but this will get messy as this is not a once print-off, it is an ongoing thing over the course of the next month and it will be a waste of paper if I am prining small bits on whole pages .

I also don't want to duplicate each student's record who comes twice because then my database will lose it's accuracy. Can you think of a way that I could create a script that prints specified records twice amongst the full list?

Thanks so much for your help in advance.

Hi Guys,

Print the report from the child table which is the table that stores the dates you expect the student to attend.

bcooney - I am printing the report from the child table (i.e students, not families), but that still doesn't cause some specified records to print twice.

Comment - Yes, I definitly need a calculation. But what kind of calculation could I use to return the data to print twice for some students? Just give me a hint please.

Thanks so much,

Maria

This topic is 4259 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.