Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Single Parent Table Report /w Two Children Tables?

Dr. Evil

This topic is 4174 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Thank you for your interest!

I have a little quandary on my hands. I need to print a single report with ALL of Company's info on it, including all addresses and all phone numbers.

The issue is, addresses are in one table and phone numbers are in another, both are children of the Company table.

I only know how to create a report based on a straight tier of grandparent > parent > child > grandchild > etc...

(I have attached a demo file on this. Demo also illustrates my issue.)

BUT I do not know how to create a report where there are TWO children from the same parent.

How can I create a single report on a parent company with two child data tables?

Any tips or help on this is much appreciated, thank you!

:)

post-80154-0-55847100-1353354367_thumb.p

company_info_demo.fp7.zip

Another option is to add a calculation in the Numbers table which concatenates the line, similar to: Type & ": " & Number & " " & Ext or you can insert tabs instead of spaces for aligning. Then in Companies the calc would be: List ( Numbers::thisCalc ) Virtual list is good and I use it quite a bit but it isn't the simplest technique to grasp. 12 offers ExecuteSQL() which would work as well. Anyway this is another option. :-)

• Like 1

BTW, the report should then be generated from Addresses placing the Company fields (including the calc) in the leading part based upon Addresses::CompanyID and then sorting by same. You will need to remember to select all objects in both the body and the leading part and set them to slide and also reduce enclosing part.

• 2 weeks later...

This topic is 4174 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.