Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Trigger scripts via url in a runtime solution.

This topic is 4071 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I currently have  a solution that creates a .bat file and runs it. When the .bat file is done running it calls a URL that triggers a script that displays an all done dialog box. This all works fine with I run my solution in filemaker. If I try to do this from a runtime solution, the URL call from the .bat file causes filemaker to open to a blank screen.

I have a feeling that It is due to runtime solutions not being a shared database. Can anyone give some insight to this? Perhaps a work around?

Here is the source for the URL calling:

http://www.filemaker.com/12help/html/sharing_data.16.7.html

Thanks for the response.

Let me elaborate some more. 

The file, let's call it "foo", I have isn't on a server. I run it locally on an xp machine in advanced. On a button click the file creates a batch file in the same folder as my foo file. Foo then run the batch file. At the end of the batch scripts I have a command that opens a url. Something like fmp://192.162.0.0/foo.fmp/?script=AllDone. This calls back to my foo file that launched the batch file and triggers a script that says all done. 

That all works fine.

I want to be able to be able to replicate the process with a runtime solution.

Technically I am aware of that. This stuff has been discussed regularly over the years since Server was released in v3.

The point is that this OP was speaking from the client side of this issue. 

What would be accomplished by serving a runtime. You would still need a full version for everyone wanting to access it.

This topic is 4071 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.