Emailing a database

This topic is 4058 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have been on the assumpution, one should zip it... due to possible corruptiion sending a FM file...    so to attach it to a email if your email server allows the file size,  or ftp the zip..  And i wondering if there's a smoother way whereas, receiver doesn't require extra step of unzipping

I didn't know about the "gear option" and now I am interested in figuring out a way to turn that off.  I am trying to use the Send Mail Script step and not give the user the ability to input who the database is emailed to because it has sales and market data for someone that doesn't want it to get into competitors' hands. I can use the Send Mail Script to email other files but it seems to give me problems with fmp12. I tired making a copy and changing the file extension but I am still having problems. Beacuase this a mobile app and I can't get on user's iPads I need a way to look at their database if they are having problems, is there any other support options?

With a small 1mb database this works, with a 20mb database I get "Error Emails could not be sent successfully"

This works:

Set Variable [$Small, Value:Get (DocumentsPath) & "small.fmp12"]

Send Mail [send via SMTP Server, No dialog; To: [email protected]; Subject : "Small Database" ; Message:"Try a Small" ; $Small]

This doesn't:

Set Variable [$Big, Value:Get (DocumentsPath) & "Big.fmp12"]

Send Mail [send via SMTP Server, No dialog; To: [email protected]; Subject : "Big Database" ; Message:"Try a Big" ; $Big]

However, if I send it via Email Client the big works just fine.

This topic is 4058 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.