Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Flag if any record has a field value of...

This topic is 4020 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am looking to implement a a flag that would indicate if any records meet a particular criteria.

In the header of a layout I would text to show up red if any record in the table has field1 with a value of "myValue"

The idea is that any record that was created by a particular user will be scripted to set field1 with the value of "myValue".

I want a flag to show up for a higher level operator to review that record.

//

Just to express clearly I do not want the flag to only show up on a record that said user has created, but rather a flag to show up on every record to indicated there is a new record somewhere that the higher skilled operator needs to review.

The operator will be able to search field1 for "myValue" or a button can perform the search and the operator will change the value to remove the flag.

Is this possible with basic conditional formatting or do I need a more elaborate setup?

Thank you in advance, 

Greg.

You want to change the color of some text, depending on the value of a field? Yes, conditional formatting does that.

Run a script that add to a global field OR global variable all the unique id's of the records that match some logic either by looping thru records or using SQL ( plugin or fmp12 )

then a conditionally formatted item that will change or show if the current record matches that of what's in the global field or variable. 

This topic is 4020 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.