Contextual menus

This topic is 3957 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello all,

I have been given a FM-go database to update.  I've been working with FileMaker for many years but this is my first run with FM-Go I'm not sure if this is possible.  The client stores a picture in a container field.  When they click, tab or touch the field they get a contextual Menu. It asks to choose an image from a library, take a photo or get a signature.  I need to remove the option to get a signature as this is confusing some of the users.  Is there any way to control this menu by changing what it says and does?   Also is there any documentation on how to develop FM-Go apps other than the little PDFs that FMP puts out.  My Google search didn't bring anything up and I know there has to be something out there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

-Ron

We do not have control over which options appear in the container field "insert" menu on FileMaker Go.

There aren't other development guides for FileMaker Go that are as broad in scope as the TechNet whitepapers, but if you scan the forums and blogs related to FileMaker, there are often posts on special topics relevant to FileMaker Go. If you want more, you may want to see if any FileMaker consultancies in your area offer coaching services.

Are you using FM Go 11?

Do they need to have access to the field in order to replace images, take a photo, etc? while in FMGo?

If not, then I believe you can make a button out of the photo and have do nothing.

Thank you all for your help so far.

We are using FM Go 11.  A script brings the user to the layout that is just a UI container field.  If nothing is in the field (no photo) the script put you into the field and waits for the user to input a photo.  Otherwise it stops you there to view the image.  When you enter the field, by script of by tapping you get a contextual menu.  This menu is confusing some users as it asks you to either add a signature (the confusing part), add an image, or take a picture.  The Add A Signature does not need to be there and the users would like it removed since this field is for images and NOT for signatures.  They need access to the field to take a photo, add an image if one is not there or choose one from the IPad.  They also need to be able to share that image once captured by various means.  It all comes down to the signature choice that needs to be removed from the menu.  If it can't be because its an IOS thing that's fine,  but if it can be, how do you do it, or is there documentation on how to do it?

-Ron

This topic is 3957 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.