Custom Menus - Where are they

weag

This topic is 3751 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm assuming you understand a new custom menu must be created, usually by copying one of the standard menus, before you will see it. The normal way is to create a copy of a menu that's listed, rename it, then modify it to suit your needs. Are you saying you are seeing no menus in the ensuing box?

• 2 weeks later...

Weag,

Just realized that when you create a new file on FMPA 13 the only menu that shows up when you manage custom menus is the standard FileMaker menu set which can't be duplicated or modified. I didn't see this because I hadn't created a new file on 13. This is a serious problem as it forces us to create a new menu set from scratch. On an already existing solution, even in a file with no custom menus defined, I believe Custom Menu Set 1 is available to copy and modify. Very strange indeed.

Wow, this doesn’t make any sense. I just created a file and I went to the Manage > Security and it created the guest and admin set of permissions, just like past versions?

Lee

In Filemaker 13: The help says go to FILE > MANAGE > CUSTOM MENUS

er....

CUSTOM MENUS not found

Wendy

The menus are where FileMaker said they are.

Assuming you have a file open.

Assuming you have full access privileges in that file.

post-62898-0-50407000-1387508983_thumb.p

A screenshot of what happens after that would be useful Bruce. I believe that on a new file the options are not what we might expect.

well, it depends on what you expect. i can't see nothing unusual…

of course it would be easier to just duplicate the existing one instead of creating it from scratch but at least you now don't have copy simply by accesing this menu (as in v11?)

I believe the change was introduced in FMP12:

"FileMaker Pro 12 Advanced

• Improved custom menus:

• To support FileMaker Pro files created for devices such as the iPad and iPhone, default custom menus and menu sets are no longer created when you create a file. You can add custom menus and menu sets to files manually, if you want to use them in your solution files."

Mark

This topic is 3751 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.