ScriptMaster 360 Works & Filemaker Server 13

This topic is 3546 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Right now I can't get the plugins to load in the server, so I'm assuming FMS 13 isn't supported at the moment since it's new, but I want to check here just to be sure and that I'm not doing something wrong. 

I've tried running install plugin scripts on the server (after checking the appropriate options in the console) and placing the plugins in the server's extension directory and restarting the server.  The Admin console still shows no available plugins listed.  I've done this with both the standard and 64 bit versions of the windows plugin.

Using windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 Standard.

Ah, nevermind.  I came in this morning, fiddled around with turning the server off/on again a few more times and it finally showed up and worked.  I guess I gave up on it too soon on Friday.

Fabrice, I didn't encounter the same issue you did.

I posted this in a few different places:

The guys at 360works #360works and Jesse Barnum's team are truly awesome! Joe Pampalon just helped me figure out the issue. It wasn't me. It looks like Java 6 has to be installed. Since I was running a fresh 10.9 and FMS13 install, Java 6 was never installed. We were able to recreate it on my development MacMini and my VMware development environment. All is well now.

• 2 weeks later...

Ooops, I didn't see all your replies. Thanks!

In my case, it's not a Java issue. I re-deployed the server, and I end up in a different situation:

the plugin is correctly displayed in the list, and checking the box returns a confirmation message... but then the checkbox is unchecked again :(

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I posted this in a few different places:

Well, I opened Matt Petrowsky's example plug-ins file on the server with FileMaker Pro Advanced 13, then chose to install the ScriptMaster plug-in locally, which then opened the old Apple Software Update and stated it needed to install Java 6, which I did.

I then turned off, then on the Server via Admin Console, then opened Matt's example plug-ins file, and it installed ScriptMaster this time. This is the only way I know of that one could install Java 6 on a machine running newer Mac OS X versions, as Oracle has pulled it, and Apple's installers won't allow it to be installed from Apple's own site directly  – only through a scenario such as this, apparently.

Due to a hard-coded path value, 360Works plugins still require 32-bit Java even when run in a 64-bit context. You can find 32-bit Java for Windows at www.java.com, but the only way I know of to get 32-bit Java on OS X is to use Java SE 6 which is provided by Apple.

Most Apple-provided Java downloads can be found here: http://support.apple.com/downloads/#java

If you only need 32-bit Java for 10.7+, see here: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1572

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having problems getting ScriptMaster 4.206 to load on FMS 13.0.2.295 running on Mac OS X 10.9.3.

In FMS Admin -> Database Server -> Server Plug-ins, Scriptmaster is listed, but the "Plug-In Name" appears as "Not Loaded", "Enabled" checkbox is empty.

Enabling the checkbox for ScriptMaster does not "take" -- after log-out and log-in to FMS Admin, it stays unchecked.

Permissions for the ScriptMaster plug-in on the server are 0x750 fmserver/fmsadmin. "Java -version" reports: java version "1.7.0_17", "Java SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_17-b02)".

I am confused about the Java requirements for ScriptMaster on FileMaker Server: which version of Java is required? How do I install the required Java version for this plug-in -- alongside the other versions of Java installed by Mac OS X and FileMaker Server? Can multiple versions of Java (32-bit and 64-bit) co-exist on the same Mac OS X machine?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Newbies

I installed java 6 and 7 in 32 and 64 bits, which gives me the following configuration :

- Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard SP1 64bit
- FMS v13.04
- ScriptMaster v4.206 32bit (located in the "FileMaker Server Database Server Extensions " folder)
- ScriptMaster v4.206 64bit (located in the "FileMaker Server Database Server x64 Extensions " folder)
- Java 6u45 32bit
- Java 6u45 64bit
- Java 7u67 32bit
- Java 7u67 64bit

But the plugin does not appear in the listing of the Admin Console:
mini_613744Capture.jpg

-> Could you help me please?

To use 360Works plugins with FileMaker Server 13 scheduled scripts, you must install the 64-bit plugin (on Windows, the plugin file will end in ".fmx64") to "FileMaker Server/Database Server/Extensions". In some environments, this can be counter-intuitive due to the presence of a "Database Server x64" folder, but you should ignore that folder when using plugins.

There is further documentation on our wiki site here: http://docs.360works.com/index.php/Plugins_101#Plug-in_Installation

Please let me know if you have any questions.

This topic is 3546 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.