Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Scripting - Multiple imports

This topic is 3564 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi everyone,

On Filemaker Pro 13 I'm trying to run a script that performs two Import Record actions (both from an ODBC data source).  The script is performing the imports into the same fm database.

The script gives a completion message with no errors, however only the first import works.  The second import does not process any records.

When I run the imports separately, only one at a time, either scripted or manually (File>Import Records>ODBC...) they both process records successfully.  My problem only seems to occur when performing multiple scripted imports.

Does anyone know if there's a script action I have to perform in-between the imports?  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  Many thanks in advance for your time,

Richie.

Do you indicate at the end of the first script. Perform Script for the next. If that is so I would suggest 2 possible solutions.

1. set a pause at the end of the first script before the second starts. Giving time in-between .

2. Create an linking script that performs between the 2 scripts.

patricia

Hi Richie, welcome to the forums

I moved your topic from "FileMaker 13 General Discussion" to "Managing Scripts” because, we have this  topic for managing scripts.

Please update your profile to reflect your current version of FileMaker Pro, operating system, and platform. Here is a quick link for your convenience. MY PROFILE

Does anyone know if there's a script action I have to perform in-between the imports?

No - unless your import depends on the found set, for example importing while updating existing/matching records. If that's not the case, then the problem is more likely to be found on the ODBC source side.

• Newbies

Hi,

Thanks for your replies.  I have tried adding a pause and creating a linking script but this has not made a difference unfortunately.  Literally the only way that I can get Filemaker to perform the import scripts in succession is closing the fm database in-between each run.

Based on this, I think comment's suggestion of the problem being ODBC source side to be the case, however I have no idea on how I'd go about resolving this.  The only operation being performed is a Filemaker import based on a SQL query, there's no data being committed to the odbc source, etc.

Other than asking the user to run one script, close FM database and then re-open to run the 2nd script (this process works), any suggestions on what I could try? 

Thanks again for your time.

This topic is 3564 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.