Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Change value based on List

This topic is 3557 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi all, I'm new here and new to FileMaker Pro and I need a bit of help.

I'm creating a call management system and I have three table that I need to interact with each other. The first is the main table called Job_Details which includes a field called Client that is a list based on the table Clients. The third table is Job_Updates which is basically the updates against the job in the Job_Details table. In the Job_Updates table there is a field called Amount which is the rate to be charged for each client.

What I am trying to achieve is that when I select the Client from the drop down list in Job_Details it automatically adds the rate into the Amount field on the Job_Updates table WHEN the job update is created. Currently I have a series of IF statements that I have to manually add which is a dumb idea because soon it will become unwieldy.

How do I go about this?

Thanks for your help.

• Newbies

Here's the file.

Don't worry about the fact I have a Company field and a Client field as this is by design as the client isn't necessarily the Company.

I don't understand how the lookups work. Do they need to work based on calculations or scripts or what? How do I look up the values when the other field is changed?

Thanks heaps for your help.

Field_Engineer Clone.fmp12.zip

Make sure "ID Clients" field at Job_details table is loaded using a popup menu or drop down list.

Create a look up from amount field to Client Billing Rate field of client table. See the screen shots.

post-108240-0-65506600-1407784901_thumb.

post-108240-0-69381000-1407784907_thumb.

This topic is 3557 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.