Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Creating contact activity history when sending a estimate

This topic is 3504 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Question: by jjgaubert » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:37 pm

Hi,
First Thank you for your free, solution. 
I'm using it for my little job
Q. when I'm in the estimate module and I would like to send directly the estimate by the button "Email Estimate", when this estimate is sent I would like to have an Activity History record in the contact module. Exactly like when I send an email to the contact, then there is a note that is created in the contact module.
I think there is something to add, in the script "(905) EST_email_estimate", like "Performs the script - (739) Make Activity From Email - which creates an Activity History record for email sent if the option is checked in the Preferences module"
I send the email directly by SMTP.
I hope my explanation is good now. Thank you for your next answer.
Thank you,
Jean-Jacques
--------------
Hello Jean-Jacques,

The best way to add this feature is to create a new script and then refer to it from the "Email Estimate" script that already exists.

First, Start by duplicating script "(739) Make Activity From Email", and rename it "(0916) Make Activity from Emailed Estimate".

Second, Remove the "IF" statement from the Script change all the "Set Variable" steps to refer to fields within the Estimate Module.

$Email should be something like [ "This estimate was sent to " & id_contact & " on " & Get(CurrentDate) & ¶ & 
Order Total & ¶ & 
Notes Internal ]

Third, You need to change the navigation so it returns you to the Estimate layout.

Last add a "Perform Script" step at the end of "(905) EST_email_estimate" script" the step should refer to the new script (915) that you just creatied.

I hope that this has finally answered your question. I really like your idea here, and we may even use it in a future version of FM Starting Point! Let me know if you have any more questions.

Good Luck,

Calvin Mosiman

This topic is 3504 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.