Server Maintenance This Week. ×

This topic is 3424 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Question by nomadicstate » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:26 pm

I may be missing something very obvious, but how do you go about creating a purchase order?
---------------------
Hello Nomadicstate,

Thank you for using FM Starting Point!

FMSP does not come with a built-in Purchase Order module. You can easily customize the database to include a Purchase Order layout based on the Invoices module. Simply duplicate the Invoices Detail Printout (L94), rename to "Purchase Order," and make any other changes that you wish. You can add a button to the Invoice detail layout to navigate to there whenever you want to print the PO. This would be the easiest and quickest way to make FMSP more suitable for your needs.

Let us know if you have any more questions icon_e_biggrin.gif 

Thank you,

Zachary Church

• 1 month later...
  • Newbies

Hello Zachary,

I am using the FMSP im my business and I am looking into making some changes in the way FMSP works, mainly because I want to add a module for purchases - which is basically intended to track the "In" of our stock, so we do not simply enter a value in the Stock on Hand...that would be dynamically done.

I followed your suggestion and basically duplicated all tables related to invoices and made them purchases (literally copied all T12 and its relationships and created T25). Also added an atual table called purchases. 

All good so far. Had to copy most of the invoice scripts to ensure they would work in the new layouts. So far is working ok. Wil get on with the formulas soon. 

My major problem at the moment is the entry in produtys "calc_toital_invoiced_count" which calculates how many items were sold. The problem is that when I buy something (on the purchase table), it is counted as sold...I beleive this is due to a script (1308) - Calculate_Total_Product_Sales. This is beause it is pulling the info from:  - Sum(T15c_products_INVOICE_LINE_ITEMS||id_products|::Quantity). 

The problem is that when I make a purchase, it also adds a quantity to that line. How can i resolve that, should I add another line 15C, to say quantity_in, and make that quantity, as Quantity_out, so there is no confusion. What would be the best approach in your opinion? 

Thanks and Kind regards

Venko IT

• 3 weeks later...

Venko IT,

The inventory Controls were reworks somewhat in the latest release of FMSP 4.2v4.   I would look at how this is working... at least in terms of audit trails.  

You could very much a manually adjustments table.... on another tab... that could be used for this purpose.

- Richard

• 3 weeks later...

This topic is 3424 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.