Navigate to Newly Created Record

This topic is 3452 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi!

Having trouble scripting the navigation to newly created record. The catch is, script is leaving layout to create parent record, and upon return to  a sort is performed.

Any ideas on how I can solve this?

Thanks!

Thanks bcooney,

I wish to display full child record set after creation.

Could easily capture new record id and perform find on it. But then the other records in the family are omitted.

:)

Heres a demo file on the problem.

The script named " Create Assignment" is the one i'm concerned with.

Seems to be working, but I think by chance, and fails once and a while.

ProjectTalbe

> AssignmentTable

> MilestoneTable

THANKS! :)

project_create_demo.fmp12.zip

Thanks for the housekeeping tips LaRetta! Did not know how to use the [get layout number/go to layout via calc] I'll fix that up.

So...

Create the parent records in new window, then close

Create Milestone record in first window

..?

I don't follow how this changes anything, am I missing something?

:D

I was thinking you were changing your found set but you aren't.  I don't understand the problem, sorry.  You already are on the records for the current project, on a sort based upon natural creation order of the records, then sorted by a key field you use..  If you are adding a new assignment then it will be last in sort order with the original set of records (project, Assignment, Milestone KEYS).  

It creates the new assignment with name of New Assignment and it is in alpha order along with the other assignments for that Project because it was created there.

When you rename the assignment, it will jump into order.  I guess I'm still on vacation.  It's late and I'm tired and I still don't see the problem.  Sorry, Randy.

I Think it might be better described (at least by currently-brain-dead me) as an inability to see what you believe breaks.  Can you describe exactly what appears wrong to you and what you expect to be viewing?  And indicate the layout?   Dumb it down for us ... :-)

Also add more than one project with more Assignments on the second project so you can see what is really happening.  If you place the assignment_key and milestone_key  on your layout, you can see what is happening to see if it is doing.

This topic is 3452 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.