Server Maintenance This Week. ×

java.lang.NullPointerException error message

This topic is 2008 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Using the Email plugin. Emails are not being sent and the error generated is: java.lang.nullPointerException.

Database is hosted with FM12. Users get this message with both FM 12 and 13, All are Widows 7.

The script used to work - it's a new problem.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Nancy Adelman

Adelman Databases.com

[email protected]

A client of mine also started getting this error on December 3, in a script that has been running server-side "for ever", using 360Works Email v. 1.97, on OS X 10.8.5, FMS 13.0v4.

The plugin registration action returns "java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Null stream was passed to inputStreamAsBytes".

As far as I've been able to determine, no OS, java, FMS or other updates have been made on the server computer.

Interestingly, if you run the same script using FileMaker Pro Advanced, on the same computer (though of course with another instance of the plugin), everything works fine. So right now I have to get up at 3 AM every morning to run the script manually (I'm lucky enough to be +9 hours from where my client is).

In addition, the first time this issue came to my attention, fmse seemed to have locked up, with the client sessions for this script not having been disconnected (even though the script passed the 5-minute timeout). This hasn't (yet) happened after I restarted FileMaker Server including fmse.

• 2 weeks later...

All three of these problems seem to be distinct; I don't think they're related more closely than that they're using our plugin. Nancy, I believe my colleague Ryan helped you fix your issues. Is that correct? aaros and David, are y'all still running into issues with our plugin?

• 2 years later...
  • Newbies

NullPointerExceptions are exceptions that occur when you try to use a reference that points to no location in memory (nullQuestion) as though it were referencing an object. Calling a method on a null reference or trying to access a field of a null reference will trigger a NullPointerException. These are the most common, but other ways are listed on the NullPointerException javadoc page.

• 10 months later...
  • Newbies

I am also having this same issue, I  send the first email then all the rest generate the java.lang.nullPointerException error and are not being sent

Could anyone give me some advice regarding how to resolve this? :help:

Many Thanks :)  

Hi Abbie,

This is quite an old thread so much of it probably doesn't apply unless you are using an old version of the plugin. I recommend reproducing the error you are seeing and sending your logs and a description of the problem to [email protected] . Make sure you attach and send the logs after reproducing but before restarting FileMaker as restarting will overwrite the logs. See this page for log locations.

This topic is 2008 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.