FMP ADV 13 Menu items become greyed until I restart.

hownow

This topic is 3319 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I keep using my databases but after some time without my doing anything but using the database---- there becomes some items which grey out and are not useable. Like New Record ,, Manage scripts,New Database.

I am not sure why this is happening. Can someone put some light on this for me. Thanks

In a modal window this is normal. You have to finish your business in that window before you can act normally.

Also a paused script can make this happen. Going into Debugger often will show you what's going on.

In my case, no modal window, no looped script, no failed /stuck validation... happens in FM12v5 more than 13, OSX 10.10.2

I get this as well with Mavericks 13.0v4 and it seems to coincide with the dropped shortcut keys (please see attached).  When the layout shortcut is gone, I can't get to layout mode no matter what.  When the Manage Database shortcut is gone, it grays out (sometimes and sometimes not) but whether grey'd out or not, I cannot access Manage Database.  

I wonder if these behaviors are connected to the reported, acknowledged bug on 'disappearing functionality'.  Sometimes the find shortcut disappears and I can't enter find mode until I restart FM as well.  The all seem related (in the strange way that bugs think).  

It happens only when opening remote.

post-59345-0-66390600-1424903343_thumb.p

This topic is 3319 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.