Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Specifically, using a calculated lookup

This topic is 3305 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Here is a script for a trigger on a field - prompts if you wish to retain formatting.

attachicon.gifformats.fmp12.zip

i remember an old hack - that also stripped formatting was: SerialIncrement ( yourField ; 0 )

This download link is broken. Can someone please repost it?

How do I use the auto-enter calculation "TextFormatRemove ( Self )" if I am already doing a lookup on the same field?

Auto Enter by Calculated Value only work on new records, and modified ones. See here for more information. Help

If this is existing data, there are ways to update the data.

p.s.

The download link has already been reported. I have a copy of the file if worst comes to worst.

Edited by Lee Smith
p.s. added

Upon record creation I am already performing an auto-lookup that is unrelated to the "TextFormatRemove ( Self )" calculated lookup. My question is, how can I perform the "TextFormatRemove ( Self )" lookup without interferring with the other lookup?

Upon record creation I am already performing an auto-lookup that is unrelated to the "TextFormatRemove ( Self )" calculated lookup. My question is, how can I perform the "TextFormatRemove ( Self )" lookup without interferring with the other lookup?

This has nothing to do with pasting as such. Why don't you start a new thread instead of further complicating this one?

I have users that are "PASTING" formatted content into fields that I do not want to be formatted. I am trying to understand how to implement the method that has been discussed in "this thread". Specifically, using a calculated lookup "TextFormatRemove ( Self )" if I am already using a lookup on the same field upon record creation.

No one will "bark" if you make your question about what it really is: how to combine a lookup with auto-entered correction of user entry. Pasting is merely coincidental here; you would have the same problem if you wanted to have user entry in caps.

There are two ways you could accomplish this;

1. Set your field to auto-enter a calculated value (replacing existing value) =

Case ( 
Get ( ActiveFieldTableName ) & "::" & Get ( ActiveFieldName ) = GetFieldName ( Self ) ;
TextFormatRemove ( Self ) ;
Lookup ( LookupTable::Sourcefield )
)

2. Leave your field defined as a lookup, and use a script trigger to correct user entry.

This topic is 3305 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.