Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Calculation field based on omitted record

This topic is 3249 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi there

As a part of my simple-as-possible-for-users import routine, I need to import 90 records from an excel spreadsheet.  I import first to a checking area, and from there the user clicks 'Go' to import to the final data table.  The first record is a date header, along with other confusing things that I need to import, but don't want the user to see.

I need to use the date from the header on the remaining records for the final import and when the row is visible on my found set, the calculation I have in the date field for all the other records displays the date.  However, when it's hidden, the calculation obviously cannot calculate correctly which is a problem.  I need the date to be clearly visible to ensure users have no excuse for wrong entries!

I need to hide record 1, but calculate based on information within it for the main import.

I hope this makes sense, but I'm at the constraint of the import data initially and don't want users needing to change the Excel sheet.

You could save the date to a global field before omitting the header record, then display that field in your header part, as well as base the calculations on it. 

This topic is 3249 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.