Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Screen refresh

Greg Hains

This topic is 3230 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi.

I have an unusual problem with screen refresh issue.

I have a number of calculation fields on a page. I run a script that loads test data (although it's not the test data itself in question) here, and when the script finishes, I have to click somewhere on the page for the fields to re-display. or I can Next-Record or Previous-Record to do the same. The cursor ends up in a field in the portal window (not a calculation field) that is not editable.

I have tried a number o things at the end of the script such as Next-Record, Previous-Record, Next-Field, Refresh-Window, Short script delays etc, but none seem to work.I have tried putting a single editable field in there as well, and Go-To-Field but no luck either.

What is this behaviour? How can I get around it please?

Cheers,

Greg

Hi Ocean West.

Thanks for this suggestion- yes, I'd tried that, and it didn't help. I've made many solutions but not seen it do this before. Normally going to another object or field would do the trick.

I'm curious why a none editable field would allow a I-beam cursor in it, (it doesn't let me change, as expected).

Greg

I've found something that works - it's not a fix to the actual problem, but does get me out of the muck.

If at the end of the script I:

Freeze Window
Go to Layout (any other layout)
Go to Layout (screen Ive been viewing)
Refresh Window   (works as well without this line anyway)

Then it doesn't give me grief. 

Just thought I'd share that.

Greg  :-)

Switching layouts or records causes a commit and that is what is refreshing your calculations.

use the commit records step instead of switching because then you dont have to think about record level or layout level script triggers firing to accomplish your goal

This topic is 3230 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.