Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Display List on a Layout with charts

aguest

This topic is 3168 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

I'm creating a summary dashboard that is displayed when a user logs into the system. The intention is not to be able to print it but to have a visual representation of the data.

I've created the charts, however, I want to be able to display a list of top 10 students in a table format. It will only show the name of the student and the number of incidents raised. Is there an easy way of doing this?

TIA

Can you provide more details?  You can make your table format using various tools including using a portal, web viewer, or even just a variable on the layout but you havent provided enough details on your setup for us to help in a further direction I'm afraid.

Hi,

I've attached a screen print of the charts that are already on layout. The layout is based on the detail table. It links to the student table to get the student name. I would like to add a table to this layout which gives the name of the student and the number of incidents raised (but only show top 10) and this is where I'm struggling.

I've tried a portal but it give me one row, with the first student name and then a total of all the incidents raised rather than what is just for that student.

Hope that's provided a bit more information.

TIA

chartsummaryrep.png

Sorry but this was not what I meant by details.  :-)   Can you post your table occurrence graph or a copy of the file?  You can use ExecuteSQL to give you context independent data considering that you are trying to grab students and I am unsure of whether or not your details list is currently sorted or if indeed your chart can be dervied from your current found set.  Again we need more details.

Spologies, so some more detail,

I've used ExecuteSQL to create a summary table of the data that hold just the student name and number of incidents they raised and loaded this into a table I've call VL_VictimSummary. I've related to my bullydetails table as per the graph attached.

The following html code has been used to display the information on the layout. The issue now is that no data displays. When I base the layour on the VL_VictimSummary table though it does appear but with a new wv panel for each student.

Code:

"data:text/html,
<html>
<body>

<table border = 1 style=\"width:100%\">
   <tr>
    <th>Student Name</th>
     <th>Total Incidents</th>
   </tr>
  <tr>
    <td>"& bullying_VICTIMSUMMARY::Victim &"</td>
     <td>"& bullying_VICTIMSUMMARY::TotalIncidents &"</td>
   </tr>
</table>

</body>
</html>
"

bullying_wv.png

bullying_rel.png

bullying_wvlvicsumm.png

bullying_vlvicsummscript.png

If I am following you correctly, you are able to compile the records you need, but you are are having a problem producing the HTML OUTPUT to display the list correctly in a different table. Correct me, if I am wrong.

Here's how I would handle this:

In the VL_VICTIMSUMMARY table, define a new field:

html_line_code - (Calculation, Text Result) = "<tr><td>" & VL_VICTIMSUMMARY::Victim & "</td><td>" & VL_VICTIMSUMMARY::TotalIncidents & "</td></tr>"

Now change you relationship in your DB to this:

BULLYINGDETAILS::pk      X       VL_VICTIMSUMMARY::Victim     (Sort By Victim) 

The above relationship uses the X operator which should match every record in that table

Now in the BULLYINGDETAILS WEB VIEWER display the html code like the the following:

"data:text/html,
<html>
<body>

<table border = 1 style=\"width:100%\">
   <tr>
    <th>Student Name</th>
     <th>Total Incidents</th>
   </tr>" &

List (VL_VICTIMSUMMARY::html_line_code)

& "</table>

</body>
</html>

Let me know if this works for you. If you run into issues or have any questions, post them.

• 2 weeks later...

This topic is 3168 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.